Monday, September 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars

One year, for my birthday, my grandma gave me this:



A recipe box filled with her favorite handwritten recipes.
It is still a gift I treasure. Many of her favorite recipes have become my favorites too!

One of my most requested recipes is one I got from Grandma, peanut butter bars! These are so good, and simple to make!




Peanut Butter Bars
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter (I like chunky)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup peanut butter, whipped (I like creamy)
16 oz tub chocolate frosting
Mix first eight ingredients. Then add all the flour and oats. Mix well.
Spread onto a 10x15 cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and spread whipped peanut butter on hot cake.
Cool and then spread with chocolate frosting.
Cut into bars and serve.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you've gotta be kidding me!! That is such a treasure to get that box of handwritten recipes - Wow!!

    Also, I am freaking because I used to eat these when I was younger and have looked for a recipe for years. I am so excited.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great treasure you have there! This recipe sounds DELICIOUS! Do you think it fits into the weight watcher plan...not that it matters, just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherie,
    Glad to share the goodness! They are yummy! Let me know how they turn out for ya.

    Connie,
    Pretty sure they are "0" weight watcher points. Pretty. Sure. :)

    And yes, it is one of my favorite gifts ever! I've had it for years. My grandma was great to try and give gifts that were useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my WEAKNESS! Anything with chocolate and peanut butter... no wonder you're asked to make those all the time! They look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these on Saturday we had a BBQ with some people in are ward. They loved them. I had not made them for awhile but is one of the kids favorite recipes. Thanks for sharing this with me at my Bridal Shower.

    ReplyDelete