Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake


I was trying to be creative with the photography...which led to Emily mocking me! 
I'm unappreciated in my family, I tell ya!  They did like the cake though~ that's the perk for them when I blog!

Pumpkin Spice Cake
Spice Cake Mix (dry)
1 3/4 cup pumpkin (1-15 oz can)
1 small vanilla instant pudding (dry)
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Mix together well.  Pour into a greased,  9x13 cake pan. (Batter will be thick).  Bake as directed on cake mix box.  Cool completely, frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1-8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar

Combine ingredients and frost cooled cake.

*My notes:
My family aren't real frosting lovers, so I used just slightly more than 1/2 of the frosting. 
The rest of it I'll probably just eat with a spoon! :)



7 comments:

  1. yummm, it looks great and sounds even better. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... so I'm going to make this for dessert tonight!
    I even have all the ingredients on hand (cause you know I've been making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies :))
    Thanks for sharing!
    And- for what it's worth .... I love your food photo!! :)
    Have a great one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had any pumpkin this fall yet and this is looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring some of that frosting to breakfast on Saturday! I'm assuming there won't be any cake left! Looks yummy and your creative photography is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously just had my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad my family totally makes fun of me for just about everything! What can you do? Hee hee
    I think your cake looks really good and the photo too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy... If you have any left I would be willing to pick up the left overs from ya! I will make it. I actually enjoy pumpkin goodies.

    I love your blog design.

    ReplyDelete