Thursday, August 30, 2012

Concord Grape Juice

 
We were able to harvest some grapes before the stupid pesky birds & wasps got them all.
 
 
This was my first time bottling grape juice.
I was able to borrow a steam juicer, which made the process much easier!
I only got 6 quarts, but that's not too bad considering our luck with the rest of our fruit this year.
With the exception of the apricots, of course.
Hopefully peaches will be next.
Not from our tree...
We only had a few peaches, because the apricot tree has kind of overpowered the peach tree.
In fact, the apricots were larger than the peaches.
Our plan is to prune everything back this year and hopefully have a better crop next year.
(For the birds to eat, of course).
 


10 comments:

  1. In my previous house I had Concord grapes and I made grape juice for a few years--my first time ever. My family LOVED it and laments our move to a grapevine-less yard. I have a recipe for Concord grape pie if you want to give that a try. It's pretty good--especially with vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your canned goods look so beautiful! I've never canned juice, but I'd love to give it a try. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your juice! I miss having access to grapes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomeness!

    That grape juice will taste so sweet, come Christmas time :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impressed with all the bottling/canning you've done. You have some mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That looks so deliciOus. I love the looks of bottled fruit. Canning is so much work but so worth it.

    Mix up that grape juice with some 7 up. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. now I'm thirsty! Congratulations on a job well done! My mom has bottled fresh grape juice before - I know the hard work it requires!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are 6 quarts ahead of me!
    :=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those birds, shame on them! LOL...I think it is so cool that made grape juice. It will be a fun treat all winter for your family to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone is canning and I am sitting on my fat butt reading blogs. sigh...

    ReplyDelete