Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Life, According to Shane

Yesterday when I picked Shane up after school,
he asked me why I always look like I'm sick when I come to get him.
 
???
 
Me: "What do you mean?"
Shane: "You never get dressed or do your hair or anything."
 
???
 
Later, I was telling the fam what he had said.
In an attempt to clarify his position, he said I always wear my pajamas to pick him up...
 
???
 
In my defense, I have been sick, but I have NEVER, EVER gone to pick him up in my pajamas!!!
And yesterday I had done my hair & put on makeup & thought I looked alright.
What a blow to my self-esteem! :)
 
What Shane thinks I dress like:

 
 
How Shane thinks I should dress everyday:
 
(Last month, he asked me why I don't dress up like the Principal, Mrs. K.)
I did ask her (she's a friend) if she could tone it down a little...she's making me look bad!


 
What I think I look like:



What I actually look like:


(Jeans and a shirt...my usual apparel. And crocs...)
 
Maybe I do need to step up my game a little, get in touch with my
inner June Cleaver.
 
I've got it! I'll throw on a pair of pearls when I pick him up today!!!
 
Note to Shane: I think you should ride the bus home after school. Just sayin'. 

8 comments:

  1. So, are you in the car the whole time? If so, my theory is as long as your hair is done and your shirt is decent looking (not stained or ratty above chest level), all you need is sunglasses, If you want to take it up a level go for a little lip gloss and earrings. Other than that you can be barefoot and barely covered by any old rag as long as it does not show. Actually this time of year you could be naked under a coat and who is to know?

    Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, that is funny. Pearls should do it...and a little lipstick (tee,hee)
    I tend to get lazy with my dress apparall here in the country cause I rarely see anyone during most days, just me and hubby.
    Sports bra, t-shirt and jeans is my fashionista style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some mornings when I'm driving a LATE daughter to the bus stop or even school, I pray that I won't get pulled over. I am quite a sight in my flannel nightie et al. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! Next time you drive him to school in your pajamas, meet me at One Man Band. I hear that's appropriate dress code there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Connie, you should drive him to school in your pajamas. It is so funny to hear what are kids version of life really is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are funny! "get in touch with my
    inner June Cleaver" is going to be my new inner dialogue!

    Too bad we don't live closer, I think we would be good giggle buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, that's funny.
    Kids, don't ya love the honesty?

    I think you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids sure have a way of making moms feel bad sometimes. :)
    And by the way, I'm out of school for the summer so I'd love to plan a lunch or something if you'd ever have time. :)

    ReplyDelete