Friday, November 13, 2009

Life, According to Shane

Shane went with me to the store a few days ago. This was our "hilarious" conversation:

Shane: "Mom, who will teach me how to drive when I get my learner's permit"
(His older brother just got his permit).
"Because you will probably be dead by then."

Me: Blank stare, awkward silence. (Yeah, how do you respond to that?)
Stammering..."I'm only 43, so that will make me what? 51?"

Shane: "Exactly!"

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation, because my hearing aide fell out...and when I bent to pick it up the front legs of my walker slipped off the curb and I fell and broke a hip! And he thinks I'm old? At least no one asked if I was his Grandmother!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like Shane had a terrible Sunbeams teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that ANYONE has mistaken you to be his grandmother! However, if you're going to be 51 when he gets his learners permit, you better get someone WAY younger to teach him. You might forget how to get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how "old" is a matter of perspective. To a young child I guess we do seem old -------but when you are 58 (like me) then dang 60 is just when I am about to be my hottest. (tee,hee)

    Old, sheeeesh -------
    gotta go now and look for my false teeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shane he is so funny. That cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete