Friday, March 11, 2011

Brain Injury Awareness


March is National Brain Injury Awareness Month.
To learn more about why Brain Injury Awareness is important to me, go here:
You can also learn more here:

Monday, March 14th is "Wear Blue Day"
Blue is the designated awareness color for Brain Injury
(formerly, it was green and I kinda wish they would make up their minds!)

And...I've been thinking about doing a Q&A so if you have any questions about Brain Injury in general, or  specifically about our experience, you can email me at
(Not that I'm an expert or anything...)

(On a side note: We have been sick here going on a month now.  Spring cannot come soon enough for me! This has been the worst cold/flu season for us EVER! I might whine post more about that later...Today is really the first day in over 2 weeks that I have felt almost back to normal.)

4 comments:

  1. Valerie,
    So sorry about the sickness. I hope you continue to get better.

    I'll wear blue on Monday. Do you think the color will change again between now and then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you are an advocate here! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you all are feeling better soon. We have done the same thing here at our house. I am really "sick" of all the sickness.

    I will wear blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Valerie..
    I'm wearing blue for you all today :)
    A friend of ours has a son that suffered traumatic brain injury. She refers to life as 'before' and 'after' brain injury. I admire the strength of your family, and of hers, and I think it is wonderful that you are advocates for awareness!
    I hope that Spring comes soon too!
    And, I hope that you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete