Friday, December 17, 2010

Fa La La Finally

Finally got the tree decorated earlier this week. It looks a little sparse~ I'm thinking I need to get more ornaments. They are glass & a few have been broken over the years.  Hopefully I can find gold/ivory/blue on clearance after the Holidays.


 I have 3 different sets of ornaments that we rotate each year. This is actually my kids favorite tree.

I had this whole vision in my head of what I was going to do with the mantle this year. I lugged a big, heavy mirror in from the garage and cleaned it up. I was going to put it above the mantle...did I mention it was heavy? Anyways~ the mirror belonged to my grandma. It hung in her living room for as long as I can remember. It has some funky hanging hardware on the back and some pieces are missing & I couldn't just lean it against the wall as I had planned. So..had to scrap that idea for now.

This is my Nativity. I love it~ it's one of my favorite Christmas decor pieces.
 
And these two little guys seem to be Shane's favorites this year. We've had them for a while~ but I haven't gotten them out for a couple of years. I decided they would look cute tucked in the corner of the stair landing. When you press their hands, they bob their heads and croak a Christmas song or two. Once or twice is enough~ I'm just sayin'!
And remember last year? Me scrambling at the last minute to get things done? STRESS?  Everyone getting sick?  Well...REPEAT!!!  My stress level just went through the ceiling today.  Here's hoping I don't get sick too...(crossing all my fingers and toes)! Well...the puking child is calling for me again. (You're welcome).  And on that note~ Hope everyone has a great weekend!

*Update: Kitchen is sparkling clean and the rest of the house is reasonably so. Puker seems to have settled down for now, although not before puking in all 3 bathrooms. I love disinfecting wipes!!! They really help me keep my sanity (what little of it there is). The house is quiet and snow is softly falling outside. I've made my "to-do" list for tomorrow...and hoping that the hubby is feeling better so we can brave the crowds and finish up the shopping. I've one more bathroom to wipe up... and I have to change the bandage on the thumb that I sliced open with the cheese slicer earlier today (and it HURT) then I'm headed off to bed.
This Christmas song is currently playing in my head:

Still, still, still,
One can hear the falling snow.
For all is hushed,
The world is sleeping,
Holy Star its vigil keeping.
Still, still, still,
One can hear the falling snow.


Sleep, sleep, sleep,
'Tis the eve of our Saviour's birth.
The night is peaceful all around you,
Close your eyes,
Let sleep surround you.
Sleep, sleep, sleep,
'Tis the eve of our Saviour's birth.

 
Dream, dream, dream,
Of the joyous day to come.
While guardian angels without number,
Watch you as you sweetly slumber.
Dream, dream, dream,
Of the joyous day to come.

4 comments:

  1. Your tree looks so pretty! So sorry about the stress and the illness and the sore thumb!

    I love that song. Just reading it helps me lower my stress level.

    Take care. Just one more week and it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so cute, Valerie!

    I hope your stress level is going down and that you can enjoy the rest of the week.

    Oh, and AMEN about disinfecting wipes! I don't know what I'd do without them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the sickness in your family. I certainly hope you don't get it. It seems that practically everyone I talk to is either sick or has someone else in their family sick. Whatz up with that?

    Your tree is lovely. I enjoy seeing all the different trees and decorations people put out.

    Don't let the stress get to you. It's not worth it. Don't let is spoil the peace we should all feel at Christmas. It is funny how, compared to our pioneer ancestors, WE have turned Christmas into a zoo. A big list of things to do.

    thanks always for your very kind words on my blog.
    and now I have that song in my head...but it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks very nice. Don't stress...everything of importance will get done. Your don't want to be stress, which will lead you to getting sick. I love the song, I can see how it could bring peace.

    ReplyDelete